At Synthesis Analytics, we have developed our own set of green principles to run and operate our business. Team members are all committed to our dedication to shape and greenify the global computing and heating landscape.
- To capture and reuse as close to 100% of deployed energy as possible
- To maintain a PUE as close to 1.0 and a DCiE as close to 100% as possible at all times
- To be committed to make all HPC and Edge Computing Green by setting standards and creating inspiration for change.
- To have our Green HPC and Edge Computing enabled services and solutions contributing to a more sustainable society.
- To have all energy sourced or produced deployed into Green HPC and Edge Computing from fully Green renewable sources only.
- To deploy the most sustainable materials and components of choice for all our solutions and applications.
- To deploy the most sustainable logistical solutions.
- To reinvest from our profits into R&D to further expand the boundaries for Green HPC, Green Edge Computing and Intelligent Heating.
- To reinvest from our profits into education for users, developers, partners and young talent to further push the boundaries for Green HPC, Green Edge Computing and Intelligent Heating.
- To reinvest from our profits into full climate compensation for the third party validated climate effects of its Green HPC, Green Edge Computing and Intelligent Heating.
- To reinvest from our profits into next generation Green Power Generation to supply growing needs for Green HPC and Edge Computing
Sustainalytics – www.sustainalytics.com – is a company that rates the sustainability of listed companies based on their environmental, social and corporate governance performance. The Green Bond Principles have been set by ICMA (International Capital Markets Association). Synthesis Analytics were awarded their Second Party Opinion from Sustainalytics on the 13.05.20.
Enter your email address below to download the Sustainalytics Report.
Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) and Data Centre Infrastructure Efficency (DCiE) are some of the key metrics that we monitor at Synthesis Analytics to make sure we are staying green and friendly to the planet. PUE is a ratio that describes how efficiently a data center uses energy; specifically, how much energy is used by the computing equipment in relation to cooling and other overhead costs. PUE is the ratio of the total amount of energy used by a data center facility compared to the energy delivered to computing equipment. Hence, PUE is the inverse DCIE. PUE and its reciprocal DCiE are widely accepted benchmarking standards proposed by the Green Grid to help IT Professionals determine how energy efficient data centers are, and to monitor the impact of their efficiency efforts. The goal is to have a PUE as close to 1.0 and a DCiE as close to 100% as possible. A PUE below 1.5 can be considered to be an efficient data center and at that level, for every two units of energy expended to operate the computing equipment, one extra is used for cooling and infrastructure. At Synthesis Analytics thanks to our continually ongoing efforts in our chase for increasingly more efficient operations we have achieved a PUE of 1.02 and a DCiE of 98% - less than 2% used for infrastructure and supporting operations. These levels that are not near possible to achieve with conventional technologies such as air cooling and traditional power conversion.
We have only seen the beginning of global needs and desires that will drive exponential growth in demand for high performance computing capacity delivered close to where it is needed - at the Edge. Streaming video services such as Netflix and YouTube is only the beginning. New cloud gaming services such as Google Stadia and other new services enabled by the introduction of the 5G communication networks will fast escalate the need for enhanced infrastructure. We will soon experience the introduction of autonomous vehicles on the roads and in the sky, deployment of AI-enabled image analysis to make affordable and available quality healthcare possible, full-scale systems for transaction analysis reforming the financial sector and much more.
With these new resources we have a great chance to improve quality of life across the globe. However, these resources consume large volumes of energy and it is imperative that we both use the deployed energy as effective as possible and also make sure the deployed energy can be fully captured and reused.
Synthesis Analytics is fully committed to continue to enable the development of Smart Cities by pushing global standards for PUE and DCiE levels as well as shape global expectations that deployed energy has to fully captured and reused as with Synthesis Analytics EDGE1 and EDGE2 solutions.
At Synthesis Analytics we have many green advantages that we feel are assisting on the constant battle with reducing carbon emissions and the carbon footprint.
- We negotiate and buy our renewable energy in bulk direct from the energy companies, this energy comes with proof of guarantee that what we consume is from 100% renewable sources, giving us and our investors reassurance.
- We supply water heated by our computing directly into district heating systems.
- We have reused and retooled our 45 000 sqm R&D center and production facility, further contributing to our low carbon impact target.
- We reduce the ancillary components used in the deployment of our computing processors by up to 60% compared to our competitors as we run our solution based on next generation immersion cooling.
- We recycle shipping containers to build our modular computing and heated water production units, rather than creating a high carbon impact with other construction solutions.
ICT is posed to be responsible for 3.5% of the global emissions by the end of this year and expected to escalate up to 14% by end of 2040 based on emerging needs and desires. Besides running computing activities as effective as possible and securing that deployed energy is captured and reused the actual source of energy is vital. At Synthesis Analytics we only source our power from renewable energy, mainly hydro power but also solar and wind. Synthesis Analytics is actively following the advancement and engaged in several R&D projects exploring next generation renewable energy solutions.